Today, the 5th of May, marks the 29th anniversary of that win over Liverpool and today now also marks the birth of a joint project between the club and the town of Dortmund. Town mayor Guenter Samtlebe and BVB boss Dr Gerd Niebaum, witnessed by prominent guests, signed an undertaking to‘ loan‘ the stadium and its surrounds for a sum of one million a year to ”Westfalenstadion Dortmund GmbH & Co. KG“. This organisation has plans to expand the stadium. Initially the two main stands will be enlarged at a cost of over 60 million Deutschmarks with the two ends next up for expansion and renovation. The aim is to build a stadium with a capacity of 70,000. The council will not have to pay a penny for this. It is the second time that BVB have taken the lead in stadium building in Germany. In 1924, they almost totally self-financed the rebuilding of their then home ground ”Weisse Wiese“ into the „Borussia Sport Park“ to the tune of 50,000 Reichmarks.