Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund will meet in the Bundesliga for the 104th time on Saturday (15:30 CET). BVB have faced SVW more often in the German top flight than any other club. Here are the facts on the match at the Weser-Stadion.
- The 3-2 win for Werder in the DFB Cup was the only time Bremen have won in their last six meetings. However, Borussia have won only once too. Four matches have ended in stalemate (the 2019 cup tie is categorised as such).
- Neither team has failed to score in the past 14 fixtures between the two clubs. Bremen have scored 26 goals during that time and Borussia have 34. That makes for an average of 4.3 goals per game.
- Although Bremen have scored more goals than Dortmund in their previous 103 Bundesliga clashes, Borussia have won more matches than Werder: 43 BVB victories versus 41 for SVW.
- The Black & Yellows have won five of their last eight league visits to the Weser.
Werder Bremen facts
- Bremen have lost their last four league games in a row and have won only one of their past nine Bundesliga fixtures (a 1-0 victory in Düsseldorf on Matchday 18).
- The Green & Whites have also been beaten in each of their last five Bundesliga home games (a joint club record) and are winless on home turf since beating Augsburg 3-2 on 1 September 2019.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- The Black & Yellows have won four of their last five Bundesliga matches. Only Bayern Munich (13) have more points since the winter break than BVB (12).
- Borussia Dortmund have equalled the record for most goals (63) scored after 22 rounds of a Bundesliga season. Only Bayern Munich (1973/74) and Hamburg (1981/82) had previously reached that tally in the opening 22 games.
- Only Leipzig (three defeats) have lost fewer matches than BVB (four).
- Dortmund have scored at least once in each of their last 11 Bundesliga games.