Borussia Dortmund have only lost two of their 18 away games at SC Freiburg: their very first trip to the Breisgau on 11 December 1993 and a dead rubber on 8 May 2010. Equally impressively, the Black & Yellows have not conceded a single goal in any of their past five matches at the Schwarzwald-Stadion. During that run, they have won four games and drawn one – with a total of nine goals scored.
The match facts
- Only against Bayern Munich have SC Freiburg lost more often (26 times) than they have against Borussia Dortmund (24 times). The men from Baden-Württemberg have only won three of the 37 league meetings between the clubs.
- Dortmund are on a 15-match unbeaten streak against Freiburg – their longest such run against any top-flight team. There have been 13 wins and two draws – with a combined goal difference of 42-7.
- In their Bundesliga history, Freiburg have only experienced a longer winless run against Bayern Munich (25 games between 1996 and 2015) than their current streak against BVB (15 matches).
- BVB have conceded the opening goal in 13 matches but have only ended up losing twice. There have been six wins and five draws. There is no other team that Freiburg have lost to more often from a winning position (six times).
- The Black & Yellows have not let in a single goal in any of their last five matches at the Schwarzwaldstadion. BVB have never picked up that many consecutive away clean sheets against any other team.
SC Freiburg facts
- Despite losing their last two matches, SC Freiburg have a comfortable 11-point lead over the relegation play-off place.
- Freiburg are winless in four games. Their last victory was by a 2-1 scoreline against Hertha Berlin on 9 March 2019.
- Streich's charges have only lost one of their last eight matches at the Schwarzwaldstadion (W3 D4).
- The last home defeat came on 26 January 2019, when they were beaten 4-2 by Hoffenheim.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- Only once before – in 2015/16 (68 points) – have Borussia Dortmund amassed more points after 29 rounds than the current campaign (66, same as in the 2010/11 and 2011/12 title-winning seasons).
- BVB have already picked up more points on the road (25) than they did in the entirety of last season (24).
- Only two clubs have won away more often than BVB (seven wins) and no team has lost fewer (three defeats).
Compiled by Boris Rupert