BVB are next in Bundesliga action when they visit 1. FSV Mainz 05 on Saturday. Here are the facts on the match at the Opel-Arena.
The match facts
- BVB have won seven of their last nine Bundesliga meetings with Mainz, drawing once and losing once. Furthermore, they have taken 10 out of a possible 12 points from their last four visits to the Opel-Arena.
- Dortmund have a better defensive record against Mainz than any other club currently in the Bundesliga. They have conceded 23 goals in 26 matches – an average of 0.9 per match.
- The Black & Yellows have never lost to the 05ers after taking a 1-0 lead. They have 12 wins and five draws from the matches in which they have opened the scoring.
1. FSV Mainz 05 facts
- Only two other clubs have lost more matches.
- Mainz have not kept a single clean sheet this term. The last match in which they did not concede was a 2-0 win in Frankfurt on 12 May.
- The 05ers have failed to find the net in only one of their last 10 Bundesliga home games.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- BVB have lost only one of their past 11 Bundesliga matches.
- No other club has been involved in more draws (five).
- No other team has suffered fewer defeats (two).