The headline match of Matchday 6 of the Bundesliga will see Borussia Dortmund travel to Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday evening (kick-off 18:30 CET). Here is the fact preview ahead of the big game.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach's 4-2 win back in January ended a run of 11 consecutive defeats against Borussia Dortmund. This was the Foal's longest ever series of defeats against a Bundesliga team.
- At least one goal has been scored in each of the last 48 meetings between the two sides. The last 0-0 draw was on 17 April 1994 at the Bökelberg.
- BVB have picked up points on 22 occasions after going down 1-0 against Gladbach - a Bundesliga record. VfL have lost nine matches against BVB after taking a 1-0 lead - more than against any other team in the Bundesliga.
- Marco Reus has scored nine goals and provided six assists in the 14 games he's played against his former club.
VfL Borussia facts
- The team that finished eighth last season have just one win to their name so far this season. They've also picked up one draw and suffered three defeats.
- Their tally of five goals is considerably lower than the league average (7.7).
- They haven't managed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last eight matches across this season and last. The most recent game in which they didn't concede was a 5-0 win over Bielefeld on 25 April.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach have only failed to find the back of the net once in their last 35 home matches.
BV Borussia facts
- BVB have won 11 of their last 12 league matches across this season and last.
- The Black & Yellows have scored at least one goal in each of their last 37 league games (the longest active streak in the Bundesliga).
- Only Bayern Munich (20) have scored more goals than BVB (17).
- Borussia haven't managed to keep a clean sheet since the 2-0 win in Wolfsburg on 24 April.
- Borussia Dortmund have won four of their last five away games across this season and last. (br)