Support for Borussia Dortmund – including best wishes for Marc Bartra – has been pouring in from all over the world! The defender sustained injuries to his hand and arm in a bomb attack on the BVB Team Bus earlier this evening.
"He was given emergency medical care and then taken to hospital," explained BVB Chief Executive Officer Hans-Joachim Watzke in an interview with ZDF, before adding: "Now we need to try to come to terms with the shock. We have to play again tomorrow. That will be a real challenge."
North Rhine-Westphalia's Minister President Hannelore Kraft tweeted: "I wish Marc Bartra a quick recovery and BVB all the very best." German Federal Minister of Justice Heiko Mass described it as "shocking news. All our thoughts are with BVB. You'll never walk alone!" Former BVB player Ilkay Gündogan wrote: "I can't believe it. I hope you're all okay", while Javi Martinez said: "Marc Bartra, I hope you make a speedy recovery and can play tomorrow!"
The first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final against AS Monaco has been rescheduled for 18:45 CET tomorrow. Speaking about the decision, Watzke said there had been "no alternatives", adding: "We have a very congested fixture list. The return leg is scheduled for next week. It wasn't possible to move it to Thursday either, as we can't keep Monaco here for three days. They've got another match at the weekend."
Tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled fixture. Fans who are not able to come tomorrow will have the opportunity to sell their tickets on the Secondary Ticket Platform from 23:00 CET tonight. Furthermore, there will be a very fair system that we will issue information about on Wednesday afternoon. (br)