Borussia Dortmund are unbeaten in the last six derbies, meaning Schalke 04 are on their longest winless run against their local rivals in 20 years. Here we bring you the facts on the 152nd edition of the Ruhr derby.
- BVB have the marginally better Bundesliga record in Ruhr derbies (32 wins, 30 defeats).
- The last four clashes have all ended in stalemate – there have never been five consecutive draws.
- Schalke have always scored and conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 home Bundesliga clashes with the Black & Yellows.
- There have been ten 0-0 draws in the derby – no other Bundesliga pairing has ended goalless so often.
Schalke 04 facts
- The Royal Blues already have more points (52) than they obtained in all of last season (43).
- Only Bayern (3) and Dortmund (6) have fewer defeats this season than Schalke (7).
- No team has won as many penalties as Schalke this term (9).
- S04 have won their last three home games. In total, only Bayern have won more often at home (12 times) than Schalke (eight).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- BVB have lost only one of their last 14 matches.
- Only two teams have won more games than Borussia Dortmund (14 wins).
- The Black & Yellows have not lost any of the last 11 games in which they have scored first.
- No team has suffered fewer away defeats than Borussia Dortmund (3). BVB have lost only one of their last seven away games.