No club has won more often than Borussia Dortmund at the Allianz Arena. But each of the Black & Yellows' past five Bundesliga trips to Munich have ended in defeat. The match on Saturday will be the 30th time both clubs have met in the past seven and a half years. Below we preview the 'Klassiker' with the help of some facts.
- There have been 29 competitive meetings between the two German giants since April 2012. They last faced off in the Super Cup at Signal Iduna Park, with BVB winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Paco Alcácer and Jadon Sancho.
- It is the fourth season in a row that the two clubs will meet on matchdays 11 and 28.
- FCB have a worse Bundesliga record against BVB than they do against any other top-flight outfit.
- The Bavarians have consistently and comfortably won their home games against Borussia in the past five years.
- BVB are one of only two clubs – Gladbach being the other – to have won three times at the Allianz Arena in the Bundesliga (most recently a 3-0 victory in April 2014). They have won there twice in the DFB Cup too.
- Bayern Munich have picked up only four points from their past four Bundesliga matches (one win, one draw and two defeats) and have made their worst start to a season since 2010/11 (18 points from 10 games).
- That said, FCB have lost only one of their past 18 home games in the Bundesliga. That sole home defeat came on 5 October 2019, when Hoffenheim were the victors by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Bayern have already conceded 16 goals in the Bundesliga this season – the last time they shipped so many in the first 10 games of a campaign was 2008/09.
- They have only kept a clean sheet in one of their least eight league games (a 4-0 win over Cologne on Matchday 5).
- Borussia Dortmund have not let in a goal in their last three matches. The last time they went on such a run was in August/September 2017, when they kept five consecutive clean sheets.
- BVB are on a seven-match unbeaten streak in the Bundesliga. Their last and only defeat of the season was a 3-1 loss away to Union Berlin on Matchday 3.
- That was also the only reverse in their eight most recent away matches in the top flight.
- The Black & Yellows have only failed to find the net in one of their last 16 Bundesliga matches.
- Thorgan Hazard has been directly involved in five of the last seven goals BVB have scored (one goal, four assists) and has set up more goals than any other player in the Bundesliga this term (six).
- Lucien Favre has taken points from eight of his 15 Bundesliga meetings with Bayern as boss of Hertha, Gladbach and BVB (five wins, three draws and seven defeats).