Borussia Dortmund claimed a dramatic and hard-fought 3-2 victory in Berlin last season thanks to a last-minute winner. The Olympiastadion has tended to be a happy hunting ground for BVB recently. Here are the facts on the match away to Hertha BSC.
- Borussia Dortmund have lost only one of their past 11 meetings with Hertha – a 2-1 away defeat in 2016/17.
- BVB have kept more away clean sheets against The Old Lady than against any other club (12).
- The Black and Yellows have come from a goal down to take points on their last two visits to the Olympiastadion (1-1 draw and 3-2 win). Before that, they had always lost in Berlin after conceding the first goal.
- In the corresponding fixture in 2018/19, Marco Reus scored a stoppage-time winner with BVB's 25th and final shot. The Black & Yellows had more shots in that match (25) than any other last season (Hertha had seven).
Hertha BSC facts
- The men from Berlin have lost their last four Bundesliga matches and have only 11 points this term. The last time they had so few at this stage of the season was the 2009/10 campaign, when they were relegated (four points).
- Hertha have kept only one clean sheet in their last 15 Bundesliga outings – a 4-0 win in Cologne on Matchday 6.
- The capital club have picked up just six points at home – half as many as they had at the same stage of last season (11).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- Borussia Dortmund have lost only one of their last nine Bundesliga matches, although they have won only three times during that period. The other five games have ended in draws.
- No team has suffered fewer defeats than BVB (two).
- Their last away victory came when BVB won 3-1 in Cologne on 23 August. (br)