Here's hoping the run continues!
Since their defeat on 11 April 2015, Borussia Dortmund have won each of their subsequent 10 league or cup meetings with Borussia Mönchengladbach. It is their longest such winning run against any club. Here's an overview of the top match on Saturday.
- Borussia Dortmund have won each of their past nine Bundesliga matches against Gladbach, scoring 26 goals – an average of almost three per game. Additionally, BVB beat BMG 2-1 in the DFB Cup earlier this season.
- The Black & Yellows have taken points from 22 games against Mönchengladbach in which they have trailed 1-0 – a Bundesliga record. That tally includes nine comeback victories. They also came from behind to win the aforementioned cup tie this term (goals: Thuram for Gladbach, Brandt brace for Dortmund).
- Only in Mönchengladbach and Wolfsburg have Borussia Dortmund won each of their last four Bundesliga games.
- The Foals last took points against BVB with a 3-1 win on 11 April 2015. Lucien Favre was still their coach then.
Borussia Mönchengladbach facts
- Mönchengladbach are unbeaten in five Bundesliga matches. Their last defeat was a 2-0 loss in Gelsenkirchen on 17 January – the first match back after the winter break.
- Only Bayern Munich (16 victories) have more wins than Mönchengladbach (14 victories, same as BVB and Leipzig).
- The Foals have won eight of their last nine home games. They most recently drew 1-1 with Hoffenheim. Their last and only home defeat of the season to date came as they lost 3-1 to Leipzig on 30 August 2019.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- The Black & Yellows head to Gladbach having won each of their last three league games.
- Only Leipzig (three defeats) have lost fewer games than BVB (four).
- Borussia Dortmund have scored at least one goal in each of their past 13 Bundesliga matches.
- Borussia have not conceded a goal in their past three matches.
- BVB currently occupy sixth place in the away table with 18 points. Since the end of November, there have been wins in Berlin, Mainz, Augsburg and Bremen plus defeats in Sinsheim and Leverkusen.