Borussia Dortmund will travel away to SC Paderborn on Whit Sunday (kick-off 18:00 CET). It will be only the sixth competitive meeting between the clubs.
The match facts
- The two teams have met only five times previously. SCP were still called TuS Paderborn-Neuhaus and were playing in the third-tier Oberliga Westfalen when they first met in a DFB Cup clash in 1985. Paderborn went 2-0 up but lost 4-2 that day. Their second cup clash in October 2014 ended in a 7-1 home victory for the Black & Yellows.
- Borussia Dortmund have never lost a competitive meeting with SC Paderborn (W3 D2), although the East Westphalians have made life downright difficult for the Black & Yellows on occasions. In the Bundesliga, the BVB record stands at one win and two draws.
- In four of their five competitive meetings, the team that scored the first goal ultimately did not win.
SC Paderborn facts
- Paderborn have not lost since going down 2-1 at home to Cologne on 6 March.
- SCP is the team with the fewest victories (only four) in the division and they are winless in nine Bundesliga games. Their last three points came when they won 2-0 in Freiburg on 25 January.
- Paderborn have led the fewest games in the division (only nine).
- The promoted side have lost four of their last five home games (one draw). Their last home win was a 2-1 victory against Frankfurt on 22 December.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- Only Bayern Munich have won more matches than Borussia Dortmund; only Leipzig and Bayern have lost fewer.
- The Black & Yellows have won each of the last eight games in which they have opened the scoring.
- Borussia have taken all three points in four of their last five Bundesliga away games.