Fourth against third. Two teams that picked up opening day wins will meet on Bundesliga Matchday 2 when Borussia Dortmund travel to FC Augsburg on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CET). Here are the match facts.
- Borussia Dortmund have only lost one of their previous 18 Bundesliga encounters with FC Augsburg.
- BVB have scored at least three goals in over half of these matches (10 of 18). In fact, the Black & Yellows managed to score five goals in both of their meetings with FCA last season.
- Borussia have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 13 Bundesliga games against Augsburg.
- The Black & Yellows have come away with wins in two thirds of their away games in Augsburg (six of nine) - a higher winning percentage than against any other club currently in the Bundesliga.
- FCA have picked up just five of a possible 27 points from all their Bundesliga home matches against BVB.
- On each occasion the two teams have met on one of the first two matchdays of the season, Dortmund have emerged victorious (three times thus far).
- Jadon Sancho has notched up five scorer points in his four matches against FCA to date (two goals, three assists).
FC Augsburg facts
- FCA have failed to win in each of their last seven home matches in the Bundesliga - the longest home winless streak in club history. The last home success came on 1 February 2020 with a 2-1 win over Werder Bremen.
Borussia Dortmund facts
- BVB have won each of the last 13 Bundesliga matches in which they've scored the opening goal. The last time the Black & Yellows dropped points after taking a 1-0 lead was in the 2-1 defeat away to TSG Hoffenheim on 20 December 2019.
- Borussia Dortmund have won their last six road games in the Bundesliga - the best away run under coach Lucien Favre. (br)