Whether home or away, Borussia Dortmund have won each of their last 11 Bundesliga meetings with Borussia Mönchengladbach – plus one cup victory too. In those 12 wins, BVB scored 33 goals – an average of almost three per match. Here is the facts preview.
- There are only 46 hours between the end of Matchday 17 and the start of Matchday 18. Based on the table prior to the Matchday 17 Wednesday games, this match is seventh versus fourth. One point separates the two clubs.
- The Black & Yellows boast a winning streak of 12 competitive matches against the Lower Rhine club and have won every league meeting since the beginning of the 2015/16 campaign.
- It is their longest ongoing winning streak against any club.
- BVB have taken points 22 times against Gladbach after going 1-0 down – a historic Bundesliga record.
- The Foals are unbeaten in 2021, having claimed three wins and a draw (2-2 in Stuttgart).
- Mönchengladbach have lost only one of their last 12 home games in the Bundesliga.
- VfL have drawn seven of their 17 league matches this term. Only once have they had more draws on the board after 17 games of a Bundesliga season (eight draws in the 1990/91 season).
- Having won their opening two games of the year (2-0 against Wolfsburg, 3-1 in Leipzig), BVB have taken only one point from their last two games (1-1 in Mainz, 1-2 in Leverkusen).
- Despite the defeats away to Augsburg, Union Berlin and now in Leverkusen, the away record is still very positive with five wins, one draw and the aforementioned three losses.
- As of Wednesday morning, only Stuttgart and Leverkusen (17 each) have more points on the road than BVB (16).
Compiled by Boris Rupert