Erling Haaland has scored as many goals in his 16 league appearances this season as the entire Schalke team put together in their 21 matches. A statistical overview.
The match facts
- For the first time in Bundesliga history, BVB have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the derby (3-0, 4-0, 0-0).
- The last time BVB won three derbies in a row was at the start of the 1980s.
- The home team has only won three of the last 10 meetings: Schalke on one occasion and Dortmund twice.
- There have been 16 red cards in the 97 previous Bundesliga derbies (eight for each club).
- The derby has finished goalless 11 times – no other Bundesliga pairing has produced as many 0-0 draws.
- Mats Hummels is unbeaten in 12 meetings with Schalke. He has nine wins and three draws with Borussia and Bayern.
FC Schalke 04 facts
- The men from Gelsenkirchen have won only one of their last 37 matches – a 4-0 victory over Hoffenheim on 9 January.
- No other team has lost as many home games (eight).
- Schalke have found the net in just one of their last four matches.
- S04 have allowed their opponents the most shots (374) and major chances (46) this term, and have been beaten very often by strikers (24 times) and defenders (11 times, both league highs).
- They have also conceded the most goals in the division from set-pieces (19) and headers (15).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- The Black & Yellows have scored at least once in each of their last 19 league games.
- Only Stuttgart (eight) have deployed more players under the age of 21 than Dortmund (seven).
- Only Bayern Munich (eight times) have won more often on the road than BVB (five).
Compiled by Boris Rupert