Borussia Dortmund are away to 1. FC Cologne on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CET). The statistics favour the Black & Yellows. But Cologne are tough to beat and have lost only one game this season. Twelve facts on the match.
- BVB have lost only one of the last 11 Bundesliga matches against 1. FC Cologne but have also won just one of the last four – a 2-0 victory in Dortmund on 30/10/21.
- It has ended goalless 10 times between the teams. Only Borussia Dortmund-Schalke (or vice versa) has produced more 0-0 stalemates in Bundesliga history (11).
- The last goalless game between the clubs now came almost five and a half years ago (29 April 2017). There have been at least two goals in each of the last eight Bundesliga clashes between the teams.
- BVB did not win in Cologne between 1967 and 1990 but have since registered more than twice as many wins (12) as defeats (five) across their 23 away games on the Rhine.
1. FC Cologne facts
- The club from the Cathedral City have lost only one match – a 1-0 loss at Union Berlin on 11 September.
- The Billy Goats have drawn over half their games (four out of seven).
- Cologne have taken points from four matches in which they were behind – a league high!
- They have won only one home game: 3-1 against Schalke on the opening day.
- Four points at home is less than half their tally at the same stage of last season (10).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- BVB have won three of their last four league matches.
- Borussia have only let in seven goals – that's just slightly over half of the number conceded a year ago (then 13 goals conceded after seven matchdays).
- Including last season, the Black & Yellows have won three of their last four Bundesliga away games.