As they have done so often in the past, Borussia Dortmund and TSG Hoffenheim will kick off a matchday on Friday evening. The facts on the match in Sinsheim.
Both teams are trying to achieve success with different methods: BVB play a possession game – no team has had more of the ball this season – while Hoffenheim predominantly counter. No club has scored more goals than TSG following quick counter-attacks. Maximilian Beier, who has scored two of Hoffenheim's three goals on the counter, stands out.
- Borussia Dortmund are undefeated against TSG Hoffenheim in three years. During those three seasons, there have been five wins and one draw. The last four clashes have all ended in victory, though they have all been narrow with only one goal in it (1-0, 1-0, 3-2, 3-2).
- Overall, BVB clearly have the better head-to-head record – 13 victories, 10 draws and seven defeats – although Hoffenheim have scored only three goals fewer than Dortmund (46-43).
- The matches often used to be heated but there have been no sending-offs or penalties in the last six meetings.
- The Black & Yellows have won the last three games at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena (1-0, 3-2, 1-0) – BVB had previously gone seven years without an away win in Sinsheim.
- The Black & Yellows are unbeaten in 13 games stretching back into last season. The only defeat in the Bundesliga in 2023 was the loss in Munich on 1 April (4-2).
- Borussia Dortmund have scored at least one goal in their last 25 Bundesliga matches.
- Hoffenheim have won their last four matches in a row. A tally of 12 points after five rounds of games is the best start to a season the Kraichgau club has made.
- The only defeat of the season to date came against Freiburg on Matchday 1 (2-1).
- Including last season, Hoffenheim have won three of their last four home games and have only failed to find the net in one of their last 13 matches on home turf.