There's a gap of only three places but 10 points separating fourth-placed Borussia Dortmund and league leaders Bayer Leverkusen. Sunday's match on the Rhine will be the 45th Bundesliga meeting between the two clubs.
- BVB have won four of the last five meetings.
- Dortmund were the only team Leverkusen failed to score against last season.
- The Werkself have only suffered more Bundesliga losses (52) and conceded more goals (173) against Bayern Munich than they have against Borussia Dortmund (36 defeats and 145 conceded goals).
- The Black & Yellows have won seven of their last 15 away games in Leverkusen – there were more successes in that period than in the 29 away matches beforehand (five).
- BVB have not come from 1-0 down away from home to beat any opponent more often than they have against Bayer (four times).
- Eleven wins and one draw after 12 matchdays is a joint Bundesliga record; only Bayern had previously managed this feat (2015/16). The 11th match that the Werkself won last season came on Matchday 25.
- Six home wins on the bounce is their best home streak in seven years. Their last home defeat was by a 2-1 scoreline to Köln on 5 May.
- Leverkusen have won each of the last 11 games in which they opened the scoring to make it 1-0.
- The Black & Yellows have lost only one of their last eight away games (the last one in Stuttgart).
- The 4-2 win against Gladbach was already the third game this season that BVB have come from behind to win (Bundesliga high). In total, Borussia have taken points from five games in which they were behind this term, which is already as many times as in the entirety of last season.