Borussia Dortmund might have suffered a bitter DFB Cup exit at the hands of Werder Bremen this term, but they have won 12 of their past 15 meetings in the Bundesliga. Below are the facts on Saturday evening's match at the Weser-Stadion.
- In each of their last 10 Bundesliga meetings, plus their DFB Cup tie in February, both teams have found the net. In total there have been 47 goals − an average of over four per game.
- Borussia Dortmund have only beaten Frankfurt (44 times) more often than Werder (43), but they have only suffered more defeats at the hands of Bayern (46) than Bremen (41).
- BVB have won five of their last seven away games in Bremen and lost only one − a 2-1 defeat on 20 December 2014.
- Mario Götze has won 10 of his 12 league matches against SVW and has had a hand in nine goals (five goals, four assists).
Werder Bremen facts
- Bremen have only won one of their past four league matches (a 2-1 victory over Freiburg on 13 April 2019), but are unbeaten in eight home games.
- Werder have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 games.
- Bremen have scored 53 goals, which is above the league average (48).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- Only Bayern Munich have more wins (22) than Borussia Dortmund (21).
- No team has suffered fewer defeats than BVB (four).
- Only Bayern have scored more goals (80) than the Black & Yellows (74).
- Only two teams have picked up more away wins than Favre's charges (eight). (br)