Third-placed Bayer 04 Leverkusen and fourth-placed Borussia Dortmund go into the final match of the first half-season at the BayArena on Tuesday evening (20:30 CET) level on points in the table. Here we bring you the match facts.
The two teams are separated in the table by two goals. Leverkusen have 29 points on the board (eight wins and five draws), as do Dortmund (nine wins and two draws).
- Borussia Dortmund have won four of their last five Bundesliga meetings with Leverkusen. But the Werkself won 4-3 last time out.
- The Black & Yellows have scored at least three goals in each of those five games, and 18 in total.
- There have been 36 goals (25-11 to BVB) in the previous seven fixtures – an average of more than five goals per game.
- BVB have lost on only two of their last 13 visits to the BayArena.
- Bayer have lost three of their last four games (one draw). The last victory was a 4-0 in Cologne on 16/12/2020.
- The Werkself have already netted 30 goals – significantly more than they had at the same stage of last season (22).
- Only Leipzig have conceded fewer goals (14) than Leverkusen (16).
- Bayer 04 have lost only one of their last nine Bundesliga home games. That was a 2-1 defeat to FC Bayern Munich on 19/12/2020.
- Only Bayern Munich have more victories (11) than Borussia Dortmund (nine).
- The Black & Yellows have scored at least once in every round since Matchday 2.
- No team have picked up more wins on their travels than Borussia Dortmund (five).