There is important news regarding the sale of match tickets for the upcoming 2022/2023 Bundesliga season. In coordination with fan representatives, we have been working over the past few months to improve the sales process for match tickets in order to optimise the service for all BVB fans. As the there is such high demand for tickets, transparency and fairness were the main priorities.
First, a key piece of information: Match ticket sales for home games will continue to take place exclusively online for the new season. Tickets are therefore only available in digital form, i.e. as print@home and mobile tickets.
In addition, in order to be fair to everyone, match tickets are no longer sold via the ticket shop on a "first come, first served" basis. Instead, all fans requesting tickets will be entered into a draw.
The time the request is submitted is not the deciding factor, because as long as it is still possible to submit a request for tickets for the home game in question, all BVB fans will have the chance to get tickets. Only after the announced deadline has passed does the window for requests close and the draw will be held.
Here is how it works:
- The application period for all seven home games before the winter break begins on Thursday 21 July.
- Advance sales dates for the home games in question can be found here.
- All BVB fans can submit a ticket request. As in the past, members will be given priority in the subsequent draw.
- For each home game, a request can be submitted for the desired category.
- It is advisable to specify a second and third category, as this increases your chances of getting a ticket. This is particularly true for requests for tickets in the Südtribüne, as there are very few match tickets available there. If you do not specify an alternative category, it is likely that you may not get a ticket.
- For big games, fans can request up to 2 tickets each. That number increases to 4 tickets each for all other home games.
- If you submit a request and you are allocated a ticket, this constitutes a binding purchase agreement.
- Until the draw for the respective home game is made, requests can be deleted at any time in the "My Account" area under "Requests".
- Draws for home games will take place approximately two to three weeks before the respective fixture.
- After the draw, winners and losers will be notified by email.
- The winners will find a reservation in the "My Account" area, which can be redeemed within the specified period with your preferred payment method via the BVB ticket shop.
- The booked tickets will be made available in digital form immediately after payment. If fans do not pay for reserved tickets within the specified period, BVB will automatically collect the funds via SEPA direct debit.
The secondary ticket market will be open after the draw. If ticket holders are unable to make the game, from that point in time, they can put their ticket for the respective home game up for resale in the ticket shop.
Match tickets for children
Discounted tickets for children under the age of 18 can be requested via category 6 Youth for a price of €25 each. The tickets are located in the upper levels of the north-west and south-east corners. In addition, discounted standing room tickets for children under the age of 18 are available in Block 63 in the north stand.
If you are entitled to a discounted ticket for concessions, you must bring the relevant evidence with you on match day and present it to the security team.
Service for people with disabilities
A separate ordering tool is once again available for people with disabilities. All the information about this, as well as an overview of all our accessibility services can be found here.