Borussia Dortmund face a trip to 1. FC Cologne in their first away game of the season on Friday evening. Here are the facts on the upcoming West Derby.
- Borussia Dortmund are unbeaten in five Bundesliga matches against 1. FC Cologne. Draws in the first three games have since been followed by two victories (5-0 at home and 3-2 away in the 2017/18 season).
- Three of BVB's last four wins against Cologne have been by a five-goal margin (5-0 in 2017/18, 6-1 and 5-0 in 2011/12).
- BVB did not win a game in Cologne between 1967 and 1990 (five draws, 15 defeats). But the 20 subsequent away games against the Billy Goats have produced more than twice as many victories (11) as defeats (five).
- The Black & Yellows' biggest-ever away win in the Bundesliga is 6-1. Two of the three times they have won by that margin have been in Cologne (1994 and 2012).
- Marco Reus has amassed 12 scorer points in 11 matches against the Billy Goats (six goals, six assists).
- Mats Hummels' only previously Bundesliga brace came for BVB in Cologne in January 2010.
- Mario Götze has won each of his six Bundesliga meetings with FCK.
- Marwin Hitz has not lost any of his seven Bundesliga clashes with Cologne (three wins, four draws).
- Cologne stormed back into the Bundesliga last term, scoring more goals than any other second-flight club (84).
- However, the reigning 2. Bundesliga champions have not won a single one of their last three home games (1-1 against Hamburg, 2-1 against Darmstadt, 5-3 against Regensburg).
Borussia Dortmund facts
- Borussia Dortmund have only failed to find the net in one of their last 13 Bundesliga matches.
- BVB have only lost one of their last five Bundesliga away games.