Rasenballsport Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have made a good start to 2021, both clubs winning without conceding a goal. Here are the facts on their meeting on Saturday.
- Borussia Dortmund are unbeaten in five meetings with Rasenballsport Leipzig. There have been three wins and two draws during that run.
- Leipzig suffered their first defeats of 2017 and 2019 at the hands of BVB – a 1-0 loss in Dortmund in February 2017 and a 1-0 reverse in Leipzig in January 2019.
- There have been only six goals in their four clashes in Leipzig (1-0, 1-1, 0-1 and 0-2), whereas the four fixtures in Dortmund have produced 17 goals.
- BVB have only failed to score in their first meeting with Leipzig – a 1-0 away defeat in September 2016. Since their promotion in 2016, Leipzig have a worse home record against BVB than every other club in the Bundesliga. Only Borussia Dortmund have won two games in Leipzig.
- Currently second in the table, Leipzig have 31 points – one more than they did after 14 rounds of matches last term.
- Julian Nagelsmann's charges are unbeaten in their last eight games. Their last and only Bundesliga defeat in the current campaign was a 1-0 loss in Mönchengladbach on 31/10/2020.
- The current success is built on defensive strength. Nine goals conceded in 14 matches represents a new club record. It is the first time in four years that a Bundesliga club has only conceded a single-digit figure of goals at this stage of the season.
- Leipzig have won six of their last seven home games (one draw). Their last home defeat was a 2-0 loss to Borussia Dortmund on 20/06/2020.
- BVB have scored at least one goal in each of their last 12 Bundesliga matches.
- Only two teams have won more away games than Borussia (four away victories).
- Marco Reus has lost none of his four games against Leipzig. He has scored two goals and contributed two assists in two wins and two draws. (br)