3-2, 2-2, 0-4, 3-3, 3-1. When you look back at the recent results, "normal" games between Borussia Dortmund and TSG Hoffenheim are anything but a regular occurrence. TSG equalised in the last minute of the reverse fixture. But there was one more twist to come in stoppage time... You can find all the facts on Saturday's match below.
Fourth versus second. Both teams have considerably more points than they did going into Matchday 20 last season (Hoffenheim +9, Dortmund +8).
Home / away
- TSG were winless in their first two home games of the season and picked up only one point. There have since been six wins and one draw.
- BVB, who are the fifth-best away team, have not yet rediscovered their consistency of previous years and only have an even record on the road (four victories, one draw and four defeats). That said, only Bayer (five wins) and Bayern (seven) have won more often away than Borussia.
- The 29 meetings between the teams in total (27 in the Bundesliga, two in the DFB-Pokal) have yielded nine penalties (five for Hoffenheim) and eight sending-offs (four each).
- BVB are unbeaten in three matches against TSG (two wins and one draw).
- Five of the last eight meetings in Sinsheim have ended in stalemate.
- A 1-1 draw is the most frequently occurring result in this fixture, having already happened five times.
- Last season, Borussia won away to TSG Hoffenheim for the first time since 2012. That 1-0 victory was also the only away game in which BVB kept a clean sheet.
- Hoffenheim have lost only one of their last eight Bundesliga games.
- Only three clubs have scored more goals.
- Andrej Kramaric has scored seven goals in his last nine Bundesliga appearances against BVB. He has only scored more goals against Hertha (nine).
- The Black & Yellows have won three of their last four Bundesliga matches.
- Only Bayern have claimed more victories (15) than Dortmund (13).
- BVB have found the back of the opposition net in each of their last 13 league fixtures.
- Only matches involving Bayern Munich have produced more goals (79) than those involving Borussia Dortmund (78).