The facts on the match in Leverkusen
Borussia Dortmund are away in Leverkusen on Sunday (kick-off 17:30 CET). Another high-scoring encounter is on the cards. This fixture has produced 23 goals over the past four seasons: 12 for BVB, 11 for B04.
- Eighth versus fifth. Bayer have 24 points, while Borussia have 31 on the board.
- The Black & Yellows have won three of the last four meetings.
- In the Bundesliga, the Werkself have only suffered more defeats (52) and conceded more goals (170) to FC Bayern than they have to BVB (35 and 143).
- The past 10 clashes between the teams have always produced a winner (seven BVB victories & three defeats). The last game that ended even was the fixture in Leverkusen on 2 December 2017 (1-1).
- There have been a total of 58 goals across the past 12 meetings (36-22 from a BVB perspective) – an average of almost five per game. Dortmund's 1-0 win in the reverse fixture was an exception in that respect.
- The Werkself have won only three of their past 15 home games against BVB.
- Leverkusen are unbeaten in six Bundesliga home games this season. Their last home defeat came at the beginning of September 2022, when they lost 3-2 to Freiburg.
- Leverkusen have won every game since Matchday 13. Their last defeat came on 29 October 2022 – a 2-0 reverse in Leipzig.
- Bayer have scored at least twice in each of their past five games.
- No team have won more matches than BVB. Ten of the 17 games in the first half-season ended in victory.
- Only Bayern have been ahead in more games (13) than Borussia (12).
- The Black & Yellows have not yet conceded a penalty this season.
- No team has fielded more players under the age of 21.