Borussia Dortmund are the only visiting club to have won five times at the Allianz Arena since the stadium was opened in 2005!
Three of those BVB wins over the Bavarians have come in the Bundesliga (2010/11, 2011/12 and 2013/14), while the other two have been in the 2014/15 and 2016/17 DFB Cup semi-finals.
Other match facts
- It is the seventh successive season in which the two teams have met in the DFB Cup. During this period there have been three wins for each side, with three of those decided in extra-time.
- Of their last 36 DFB Cup ties, Bayern have only lost three – all against BVB.
- Borussia Dortmund are the only club to have knocked Bayern out of the Cup four times.
- BVB have won 23 of their last 24 away DFB Cup ties, with the only exception being the 2013 quarter-final in Munich.
- The Black & Yellows have only conceded seven goals in their last 26 away matches in this competition, and have only conceded more than once on one occasion during that run.
- Borussia have won their last 16 clash every season since 2011/12, beating Düsseldorf (A), Hannover (H), Saarbrücken (A), Dresden (A), Augsburg (A) and Hertha (H). (br)