1. General information on data processing
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We process your data primarily to ensure functioning, convenient sales channels and safe visits to our games. If you pass on your ticket(s), BVB may request information about whom you have passed the ticket(s) on to.
II. Name and address of the controller
The controller for the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation is Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA (hereinafter: BVB)
Tel.: 02 31 - 90 20 0
III. Contact information for the data protection officer
You can reach the data protection officer at:
BHG Datenschutz Consulting
Rechtsanwalt Ulf Haumann LL.M
Tel.: 02 31 - 90 20 0
IV. Specific information about your data
We collect and use the following personal data in ticketing:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment and/or billing data
The billing data is collected when purchasing individual tickets. It only relates to the information taken from the invoice. For subscribers to season tickets, we also need bank details (especially your IBAN).
Specifically, the processing of your personal data serves the following purposes:
- General ticketing information
- Purchase, dispatch, collection and storage of individual tickets
- Terms and conditions of payment and invoicing information
- Compliance with the guidelines for uniform treatment of stadium bans
- Check whether a stadium ban can or must be imposed
- Enforcement of stadium bans that have been issued
- Important match day information via email (service email)
V. Legal basis
We process your personal data to fulfil the contract and to ensure the safety and smooth running of BVB events or games and the proper allocation of away tickets.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data by the responsible body in the context of the processing of ticket purchases is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, which states that your personal data may be processed if and to the extent necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations toward you. This also applies to all processing required to carry out pre-contractual measures, which are carried out at your request. For more information, please refer to the General Ticket Terms and Conditions (ATGB) for the purchase and use of tickets for events at SIGNAL IDUNA PARK, which can be found at https://www.bvb.de/Tickets/Infos-AGBs/AGB/Allgemeine-Ticket-Geschaeftsbedingungen.
When you make a personalised ticket purchase, we owe you access to the stadium, the allocation of standing place or a specific seat and the performance of the event or football match in return for payment of the fee. Your claim is guaranteed by the ticket. A transfer of your ticket to other persons is permitted only within the framework of the ATGB, i.e. in principle with the consent of the BVB. The personalisation of the tickets makes it easier for us to restrict the trading of tickets on the second market and to better enforce stadium bans, for example. Therefore, if you pass on a ticket, we have the right to request the data of the ticket recipient from you.
On the other hand, away tickets are issued on behalf of the home clubs, whose terms and conditions apply here. Your data collected by us in this context will be transferred to the home clubs on a case-by-case basis or for all UEFA matches. If BVB provides ticket allocations to other clubs, we can also request and use the data collected there.
We undertake all measures to the best of our ability to ensure the safety and smooth running of BVB events. Among other things, we must also comply with the guidelines for the uniform treatment of stadium bans of the German Football Federation ("DFB") or, in the case of international games, of "UEFA" and ensure the safety and order of the stadium by issuing stadium bans under civil law. Accordingly, we have a legitimate interest in processing all necessary information and are therefore entitled to do so in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, unless your interests in the confidentiality of the data prevail. In principle, however, safety aspects take precedence.
If the conditions are met and in accordance with the guidelines for the uniform treatment of stadium bans, BVB shall issue a nationwide stadium ban in order to ensure the safety and smooth running of football matches. In this case, data processing for the aforementioned purposes also includes the transfer of your personal data (name, address and date of birth) to the German Football Federation (DFB), Otto-Fleck-Schneise 6, 60528 Frankfurt a.M.
Your data will be passed on for advertising purposes in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR only with your express consent, which you can revoke at any time by means of an informal notification to the above-mentioned controller with effect for the future.
VI. Storage period
We will delete your personal data as soon as we no longer need it to fulfil our contractual and/or legal obligations.
VII. Your rights
As a data subject, in principle you have
- the right to information about your data to be processed according to Art. 15 GDPR,
- the right to correct your data pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR if we process inaccurate information about you
- the right to delete your data pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, provided we no longer need the data and no legal retention purposes oppose this
- the right to restrict the processing of your data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR if and as long as your objections to data processing have not been resolved, and
- the right to object to the processing of your data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if we process your data in the context of our overriding interests. This is especially the case if, in your case, overriding personal interests oppose our safety interests and public safety interests in data processing.
You also have the right
- to make a complaint to the supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR), that is the Landesbeauftragter für Informationsfreiheit und Datenschutz (LDI) ( https://www.ldi.nrw.de/).
We always honour these rights. If you require further information, we will be happy to provide it to you. To do this, please contact our above-mentioned data protection officer.
The full text of the GDPR can be found at https://gdpr-info.eu/.