After touching down in Bad Ragaz, the Borussia Dortmund first-team squad were put through their paces in the first training session of the week on Monday afternoon.
A total of 31 players made the trip to Switzerland, including a large contingent from the BVB youth set-up - Nnamdi Collins, Stefan Drljaca, Taylan Duman, Maximilian Hippe, Ansgar Knauff and Immanuel Pherai. Club captain Marco Reus and veteran left-back Marcel Schmelzer are continuing their respective injury recuperation programmes in Dortmund.
Sporting director Michael Zorc, who watched the afternoon's session from the sidelines, took the time to answer questions posed by the various journalists in attendance. ''We are planning around Jadon. He will be a BVB player next season. The decision is final. Last year, we adjusted Jadon's salary to match his performance development. While doing so, we also extended the length of the contract until 2023,'' said Zorc on the subject of Sancho.
''To be honest, we've been rather astonished at some of the stories we've read in the past few weeks and have been - as you may have noticed - very relaxed about the whole situation. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask the media to be slightly more considerate of the fact the boy is only 20 years old. Not every rumour should be pursued - it's better to stick to the facts,'' said Zorc.
After warming up, the players got the session underway with some passing drills. Then, as the rain started to fall, the group worked on positional play. Fitness coach Johannes Wieber took command for the final exercise, which consisted of various running drills. The goalkeepers and the youth players, led by coach Otto Addo, underwent their own personalised training programme away from the rest of the group.